DL1 PRO - Our professional data logger
Main product out of stock - Optional enhancement licences available to purchase.
DL1 PRO the professional choice. A rugged machined aluminium enclosure houses a powerful data logger, offering a huge range of enhancement options and live data processing.
Whether you want a high quality driver and vehicle performance analysis system using GPS, CAN, ECU, accelerometer, frequency, or analogue data - or you want a rugged professional scrutineering system for monitoring professional race series. The DL1 PRO features an IP54 sealed rugged aluminium enclosure for protection against splashed water and dust.
The DL1 PRO does not feature a start/stop button on the unit (a remote button can be installed if required), instead the automatic start/stop functions can be used to collect the required data without having to remember to press the button.
The Race Technology Analysis software is one of the key reasons to choose one of our data loggers. Packed with the powerful in-depth features of a truly professional tool, whilst maintaining an intuitive interface for new users to get started easily. Hover over the image below for a brief explanation
Why choose a DL1 PRO data logger?
The data collected by the DL1 PRO can referenced to not just time, but also position on the track. This allows the data to be interpreted in a meaningful and understandable way, referenced clearly to the real world: Pick a corner and see how you braked, how much grip you used and where, then how you exited. Compare what you did on your fastest time through the sector and learn where you can go faster.
- Powerful onboard processing - perform calculations live. The results can be viewed live on a DASH4PRO display or DASH2, not just in post analysis:
- Timeslip can be calculated live and displayed directly to the driver, showing exactly how much faster or slower you are continuously - not just at lap and sector markers.
- Sensor data is processed directly by the unit rather than having to be processed in the dashboard and Analysis software separately.
- User defined channels used to perform maths functions on the live data, e.g. combine 4 wheel speed sensors to show if the average speed of the front wheels is higher than the rear wheels, showing spin and braking lockup. This can be displayed live to the driver, overlaid onto a video (QuickSync video licence required), or logged for analysis.
- Review your braking points and grip usage with the built in 2g 3-axis accelerometer (optional 6g enhancement available for high downforce applications).
- Capable of detecting minute changes with 100Hz update rate on all sensor and accelerometer channels, upgradable to 1kHz.
- Lap and sector timing, in the software, or live with a DASH2 or DASH4PRO display.
- Control external devices, e.g. cooling fans/valves or large warning lights, using output drivers option.
- Unrivalled accuracy with our 20Hz GPS option (5Hz standard).
- Extensive automatic logging control, making sure exactly the required data is logged.
- Get the most out of your engine by logging information from your ECU* or vehicle's CAN data stream**
- Add automatically synchronised GoPro video to data analysis with the QuickSync video licence
For a full specification of the DL1 PRO data logger, please visit here.
*Built-in ECU interface licence or additonal ECU interface required, see list of compatible ECU's. OBD also available.
**Requires CAN communication enhancement option and may require some knowledge of the CAN data.
The DL1 PRO can be used standalone, or in combination with our other products including:
- DASH2, for a full size road legal race display, displays sensor data, ECU data, lap timing and more
- DASH4PRO, a compact data display ideal for formula cars or where an additional or secondary display is required
- RT LIVE, adds telemetry and remote logging
- ANALOG8, adds even more external channels for more analogue sensor inputs