View .dat file to create a .cmg

Crit

View .dat file to create a .cmg

Postby Crit » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:13 pm

I have a .dat backup file and can't get any of the race technology software to read it. I understand that I can't convert a .dat into a .cmg I'm trying to at least read the .dat values and create a new .cmg file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Support

Re: View .dat file to create a .cmg

Postby Support » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:20 pm

Hi, You can run the V8.5 & V10 Race Technology software together on the same laptop. Load the .dat file into the legacy DASH2 configuration utility in the V8.5 software package then open the latest DASH2 configuration utility in the V10 software package and simply copy over the settings. If you are really struggling, email me at daniel AT race - technology dot com for additional help.

Crit

Postby Crit » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:22 pm

Thanks Daniel, Al helped me out as well. The problem I was having was that I didn't realize I had to select the legacy button when starting the software. Is there any advantage to switching over to the later CMG format or should I just reprogram it using the legacy software?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:09 pm

Excellent - I would recommend the newer software as you can now read back the settings from the DASH2, whereas on the older software this feature is not available. For instructions, email me.

Crit

Postby Crit » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Thanks! I ordered an oil temp sensor and harness from you guys, I'll give it a go and if I run into any issues I'll shoot you an email. :D

Return to “General software support”