Power Calculation

bltamil1

Power Calculation

Postby bltamil1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 am

Hi,

I am having some issues with the power calculation in the analysis software. My car is Dyno tested as 126hp (96kW) at the wheels, and I have inputted this into the simulation as a power curve, but the software is showing figures up to 165kW in run data.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be? When I run a sim lap it comes back with a time that is several seconds quicker than the series champion can achieve, and I suspect the power values may be something to do with it.

Stan

Re: Power Calculation

Postby Stan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:40 am

Have you tried spending a few minutes playing with various analysis settings? Testing done on a suitable track/road? Logger mount good, GPS signal good (check the GPS data), initial dead stop condition to help with zeroing out the accelerometers? Smoothing / filtering of various channels in Data-Variable Manager. A few different things in Data-Analysis Options. Also look in Data-Edit Default Vehicle Options and Data-Edit Default Simulation Options. Weather both for the dyno day and the logged test runs each have correction factors to note. See Data-Run Manager- Set Ambient Conditions for entering local weather factors for each run.

Try some of these options out with a graph showing you power so that you can watch the options and settings have some effects on the calculated result.

Hope this helps.

Return to “General software support”