Simulation makes weird things

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:07 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mclwem1poy5v3 ... s.png?dl=0

My simulation is broken and I can not see how I can fix it. No matter what Simulation settings or Variable definitions I used, it seems not to react at all. The simulated time is far off the real time and it does not change anymore when I change the cars power curve for example. What do I have to do?
regards, Thomas

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:28 pm

I have sent a request to the support. This is the answer I got:
Dear Valued Customer,

This is an automated response, this email address is no longer in use due to the huge amount of spam that it was attracting.

In order for us to provide you with more accurate replies we have decided to accept support queries only through our web based interface located at http://www.race-technology.com/ (under the category "Support")

Please click on the link "Submit a new support question" and go through the steps as detailed. You will then receive an email with a direct link to your support question.

Alternatively, please use our forum were both Race Technology staff and other users will be pleased to help.

Thank you very much for your co-operation.

Best Regards,

The Race Technology Team

I do not find the "support category" on the website. I am curious how long it takes to get an answer in the forum.

Support (D)

Car and simulation options

Postby Support (D) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello there,

Apologies for the long reply support has been very busy lately.

OK so which feature of the 'car and simulation' settings are you trying to use?

I have just tried to change the data collected in a run file using the car and simulation options and it seemed to work fine, which version of the Race Technology software are you using Thomas?

Thanks for your patience, please answer the questions above and we'll go from there

Kind regards,
Support D

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:46 am

Hello.
Where you able to look at my screenshot? It seems that the sim speed is not calculated corectly. I was trying to input the power curve into sim settings and edited the gear ratios, drag etc. After the re-calculation the sim time is far off the real time. I think it is because the sim speed is not correct. No matter which parameters I change or whether I use a constant power value, a curve or the acceleration curve, the sim time does not change at all.

My version is 8.5.357

Support (D)

Car and simulation options

Postby Support (D) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:40 am

Yes I was able to look at the screenshot you sent and yes I could see that the 'SIM speed' was not close to the actual speed.

As for the version of software the latest version form the website is v8.5.0250, can you send me a screenshot of the version number you are referring to?

Also using the version of software from the website I am able to change the simulated speed by changing the power curve, aerodynamic drag etc using other customer data.

Kind regards,
Support D

SteewofMot

Postby SteewofMot » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:08 pm

2017 HR-V and I too have the same sound when accelerating. I was going to wait until my oil change to mention this issue, in the next month. Any luck on your issue?

Return to “General software support”