Run Database enabling upload and changing location folder

smighall

Postby smighall » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 am

Is it possible to change the default folder for the database? By default it is going to my C: drive but i want to move it to my d: drive where i keep all of my race files.

Also, I do not get the option to enable sharing of my data within Analysis Options even though i have data within the database. Is there another setting somewhere that i need to configure first?

kw262

Postby kw262 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 am

I have a similar question. We operate a multi-car team and have our run files stored on a central server in the network. Is it possible to have the database on a network drive so that it can be accessed by multiple computers?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:12 am

Hi,

It's not at the moment, but we are aware that for many users this is not convenient and we are intending to add this as an option really soon.

Kind regards,

RT-Support

Rich52

Database location?

Postby Rich52 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Was this made configurable in V8.5 - if so how do you change it and move existing data to the new location?

Williamcruth

Postby Williamcruth » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:59 pm

I also would like to know how to set this up for a SQl database. I also wonder what information all can be stored in the database and how often does Gene6 read the database.

Support

Re: Run Database enabling upload and changing location folder

Postby Support » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:04 am

Hello,

Race Technology V10 will be the next release which will be available later this year. It will include a cloud based system available to all customer to which all files can be stored and accessed from multiple users. This is going to co-inside with our latest datalogger RT Live which uploads the data in real time also offering real time monitoring.

Kind regards,
Race Technology

ECOELEC

Postby ECOELEC » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Hello,

Is there anyway to import older data (run files, var files, ...) in V10 software? I tried without any success.
I hope so because if it's not allowed, no V8 user will use the V10. We can't loose all our previous data.

I tried to find how to change the database folder in V8.5 without any success (I've also searched into the windows registry)

There are many bugs into Matlab exporting tools: numbers are point decimal separator, not comma; the Matlab file extension are in lower case '.m' and not '.M', ... I'll make a post for it.

Any help of the team?

ECOELEC

Postby ECOELEC » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:38 pm

I reply to myself about how to change database folder, I've just found how to do:

The database folder setup is hidden in the windows registry: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\RTPaths\RunDataBaseRoot
(or make a search on 'RunDataBaseRoot')

Return to “General software support”