dash2 with dl1 package reflashing

Walezy

dash2 with dl1 package reflashing

Postby Walezy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:37 am

Hi, i have dash 2 that i bought in about 2008 and it came with dl1 mk2 linked with it. I want to reflash it all to newest firmware but whatever i do i cannot make it.
I use USB Serial adapter with ch340 chipset set up at com 3, speed is 115200 , 8 bits , parity none, bit stop 1 , flow control(not sure if correct translation) none.

my dash2 has whatever firmware there was back in the days but if i hold down button at startup then it shows no number at all.

when i choose renamed file to dash.hex and click reflash then i get left green LED on but after short while i get message that "device is not responding correctly,please check if it is connected correctly"

if i try to flash it through flash card in DL1 mk2 with file dash.hex also nothing happens(i insert card in datalogger and power up dash and dl1.

Can anyone give me some tip on how to make it properly. have no old software to set up my dash and v.8.5 requires reflashed dash to version at least 9.

Walezy

Re: dash2 with dl1 package reflashing

Postby Walezy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 am

i have just noticed that dash 2 is freezing after short while. it stops working after maybe 20seconds. all works fine and then dies. display shows all data but simply readings do not change.

Walezy

Postby Walezy » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:39 pm

solved it. had to use different laptop with PCI express card rs232. this worked immediately. those usb adapters are terrible, you never know which one will work.

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 am

Hi

Glad to hear you have managed to resolve the issue. If you have any further queries, please email support@race-technology.com for assistance.

Support (AH)

Return to “General software support”