DL1 Mk2 has power but wont turn on...

AMOD177

DL1 Mk2 has power but wont turn on...

Postby AMOD177 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:02 am

I am trying to install a DL1 Mk2. The unit is currently only wired for power, ground and GPS antenna. Upon turning on the power, no lights turn on at all. I have verified power and ground at the pin side of the connector. Any idea where to go from here? The DL1 was installed in the car from 2007 to 2011 and worked perfect. It was removed and has sat on a shelf since then.

Thanks,
Jeremy

**EDIT** I removed the covers and was able to confirm power on the board. All of the resistors appear to be in good condition. Any suggestions on what to check?

racetec
Site Admin

Re: DL1 Mk2 has power but wont turn on...

Postby racetec » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:07 am

Hello

You could check if the compact flash card housing pins have been pushed through the back and are touching each other. If not, it sounds like the unit will need to be returned to RT for repairs, although due to the age of the unit this may not be possible.
We are currently offering 30% off a new DL1 SPORT or DL1 CLUB in exchange for discontinued DL1 MK1 and MK2 units if this would be of interest.

Best regards,
Support (AH)

stephen hooker

Postby stephen hooker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:38 am

Check the on-board battery to see if it is OK (should be 3V). I had a similar problem, replaced the battery with a cell holder, and now replace the 2032 battery yearly.
Stephen Hooker
Sydney, Australia

AMOD177

Postby AMOD177 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Well i dont have good news. I soldered in a new battery and there is still no life in the unit. Time to figure out a replacement :-( Thank you all for your help.

-Jeremy

Return to “General software support”