DASH2Pro Signal Manipulation

fbbt7103217

DASH2Pro Signal Manipulation

Postby fbbt7103217 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Need some help now...been working the same issue for 2 weeks and can't resolve.

Back in October I ordered a DASH2Pro (D2P) . In November I completely stripped the car down (02 Corvette Z06) and removed all the stock wiring from the vehicle so it's very possible I snipped a wire or two I shouldn't have. For the most part everything has been working almost too well as I moved the PCM and underhood electrical center into the cab and removed all wiring I felt I no longer needed. I studied the service manuals to determine what all was needed to be kept to keep the PCM/BCM happy and any theft deterrent systems online or fooled.

I know I've typed a lot but that's to give the background in case any gremlins show up and I can add to this discussion. My current issue I'm asking for help on is retrieving the RPM signal. I am trying to take the Tach Output from pin 10 of the red PCM connector and tie it directly into the D2P. I currently don't get any type of reading on the dash. The D2P says it needs a 12v square wave signal for this to work. I can't find anywhere in the Corvette service manual that talks about this being a square wave but I assume it is because the PCM grounds the signal so I understand the signal to be "off" or "on" based on the rpms. I put a volt meter on the signal and it said 16volts which seemed high. Should I take from another location or are my settings incorrect? Currently have the D2P set to 2 pulses/revolution (i've tried .25 as recommended by RT but then realized that was based on placing on the coil) and the internal RPM set to high. So far oil P and ECT are pulling in within 1psi or 2 F (once over 120 degree F) so I'm happy with that.
02 Corvette Z06

Bikey

Re: DASH2Pro Signal Manipulation

Postby Bikey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:58 pm

The OEM signal works fine on a friend's D2Pro that I installed. I can send you the settings if you message me your info.
The water temp signal, as you've discovered, is quite curious.
You can add a dedicated temp sensor to the rear of the passenger side head to get full range readings and avoid that PCM's shifting pull-up resistor scheme.

Bikey

Postby Bikey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:58 pm

here are the settings
c5 rpm.jpg
c5 rpm.jpg (176.66 KiB) Viewed 22649 times

Bikey

Postby Bikey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:59 pm

"high rpm" is if you are pulling the signal from the spark plug wires, "low rpm" is for a signal from the computer.

fbbt7103217

Postby fbbt7103217 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:15 am

here are the settings
c5 rpm.jpg
Been a crazy last couple years. I'm just now getting the car back out from hiding. Not sure how I never saw this post before now, just happened to Google search and it popped up! :lol:

I'll give your settings a shot before the end of the week (assuming the laptop i was using will wake up after two years). Thanks for your reply a couple years back!
02 Corvette Z06

fbbt7103217

Postby fbbt7103217 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:28 am

Bikey, I tried your settings and still got nothing. Tomorrow I'm going to review all the wiring to make certain the pin didn't pull out of the PCM or something stupid like that.
I do have a couple questions though:
1) do you recall what wire you pulled the RPM signal from? I believe it's the red PCM connector, pin 10 (2002 Z06) to the original instrument cluster.
2) is this tach output wire the same you used to retrieve RPM to your dash or did you go about it another way (e.g. Coil pack or injector)?
02 Corvette Z06

Return to “General software support”