RT Pedal Position Sensor

sbarton

RT Pedal Position Sensor

Postby sbarton » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:04 pm

I purchased the pedal position sensor from Race-Tech. I hooked it according to the package. Black=Ground; White=Output; Red=5V.

However hooked up this way it reads 4.5volts at 0 Throttle and 0volts at 100% Throttle.

Is it supposed to work this way?

-Scott

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Scott:

I guess it depends on whether full throttle is extended or retracted wrt the pot - in any event you can invert the signal by putting an equation into that channel in the variable manager.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Boquerón

Postby Boquerón » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:41 pm

in any event you can invert the signal by putting an equation into that channel in the variable manager.

How, please ?

I have the same problem .

1.- I was using the formula X*20 to get the result in 0-100% scale .

2.- I used x* (-20) and the graph changed in the oposite direction. What was up, now was down, but the numbers in the axis did not change.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:49 pm

Sorry, not sure I understand the problem?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Boquerón

Postby Boquerón » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 am

Thanks for your fast answer.

I have instaled a Pedal Movement sensor (PMS) from your company. I have instaled it under the throttle. When the throttle is in i'ts final position, it depresses the PMS.

1.- THis PMS has been connected to the Analog 1 input
2.- I depressed the Throttle a couple of times and read the Card
3.- In the Variable Manager, I have named the Anlg 1 as "GAS" and leave it in "volts".
4.- I checked the box of Analogue 1
5.- Opened an XY graph " GAS" against "Time"
6.- The X side shows a scale ranging from 0,4 Volts - in the upper part of the side) to 5,5 V in the LOWEr part of the side.
7.- The graph shows an horizontal line remaining on the upper part of the XY graph that , apparently when the throttle is depressed, goes DOWN, to the lower part of the graph, than to go back to horizontal once the throttle pedal is untouched.
8.- The scale - as mentioned before - is in Volts.

I would like to :

A) Have the scale in % instead of volts. I have read in another thread that this would be obtained using the following formula : x*20 BUT:

A.1) When using this formula the scale shows a range going from 97.8 ( upper part of the graph) to 99.4 ( Lower part of the graph) ( not a sacale going from 0% - 100% ) and,

B) I would like the graph to revert. That is INSTEAD of having the spike showing the throttle position going from the horizontal line DOWN, I would like to have the spike going UP from the horizontal line ( Just the opposite to what describes the present situation in point 7). That is: when I am coasting ( no pedal depressed) the graph should show a 0% HORIZONTAL line. When the throttle is depressed than the line should CLIMB UP and go up to it's level ( For instance 98%), instead of going DOWN which happens presently.

B.1) I have tried the x*20 formula as said before and, in order to get a reverted graph, the x*(-20) formula. THis last formula inverted the graph but Not The scale of the X side.

PS.- If you provide me with an E-Mail I will gladly send you the file..

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:55 pm

OK, I understand!

We have recently made this sort of thing a lot easier.

We have added an equation generator to the Variable manager.

So if you go into Data > Variable Manager > External Inputs > Analog1 (for instance) then Sensor Type / Units and Custom:

You will see a button titled "calculate formula from variables" click that and a new window will open.

In your case, enter "0.5" under "input volts" and, on the same row "100", then on the second row "5.5" and "0".

(As you had a 0.5V reading at 0% and a 5.5V reading at 100%)

Click OK and OK to accept the new formula, then check the box beside Analog1 to enable that channel. Click "Accept" at the bottom of that window and you should be good to go.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “Sensor-related questions”