Wheel Speed Sensor -ABS

dfer

Wheel Speed Sensor -ABS

Postby dfer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:03 am

I would like to know if anyone has connected the DL1 to their ABS computer to pick up their wheel speeds?

I have a 2001 Boxster and it would seem to be a lot easier and more economical to use the ABS computer vs installing another 4 wheel sensors?

Cheers

Dennis

Turby

Postby Turby » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:38 pm

This may or may not work depending on the type of ABS sensors your car has. I know when I was looking at doing this when installing traction control, the sensors wouldn't give me a signal below 15 mph, not very useful at controlling wheel spin from a standstill.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:24 pm

At risk of seeming like a nanny, we do not recommend tapping into a safety critical system like ABS on a road car.

You might consider adding an additional sensor to "look at" the abs toothed ring if possible. In that case, just make sure that the sender can sense the "teeth" and that the #of teeth and max RPM don't exceed our max pulse rate on the frequency channels.

Best Regards,
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

dfer

Postby dfer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Thanks for the replys.

I definately would not want to do anything that jepordised the ABS function so will look into the belt advice.

And feel free to be my nanny if its going to help keep me on the black stuff! :D

Cheers

Dennis

Return to “Sensor-related questions”