Dash 2 is great but little problem with display

Rallycorsa

Dash 2 is great but little problem with display

Postby Rallycorsa » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:10 am

Really like the Dash 2 but im having a small problem with the fuel pressure display. All the sensors are RT supplied.

Im using the 4 analouge outputs
Water temp
Fuel Gauge
Oil Pressure
Fuel Pressure

The fuel pressure is showing 50 psi (correct) but drops to 9 psi and the alarm which was set at 40 psi starts flashing. I swapped the sensor and its still the same, then i changed the alarm to zero and it still displays the alarm the only difference is that the pressure changes from 50 psi to 4 psi.
To check the pressure i fitted a mechanical gauge and it sits at 50 psi without a flicker.

I would really like to get this sorted as its a great piece of kit, ive also looked at the help menu to see if i can just switch it off but my Dash 2 config doesnt have a second box to choose "Leave Blank". Not the ideal way to solve it but its better than flashing lights mid stage.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Jet-Tech

Re: Dash 2 is great but little problem with display

Postby Jet-Tech » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 am

Rallycorsa wrote:Any ideas?
Thanks

Yes, get back to Race-Technology and ask them for their help to sort it out :wink:

Rallycorsa

Postby Rallycorsa » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:10 am

Thats very helpfull , thanks. :wink:

I will be contacting them next week when we are back to work, i had thought someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Jet-Tech

Postby Jet-Tech » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Rallycorsa wrote:Thats very helpfull , thanks. :wink:

I will be contacting them next week when we are back to work, i had thought someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am sure someone may offer you advice on this forum, but I think your problems are diferent from most posted on here, you have a logger + dash2 + racetech sensors so I think you really need racetech to sort out your problems, after all you would not want to damage your kit by making the wrong move following advice on here :?:

osborni

Postby osborni » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Zero in the dash2 will turn off the alarm.

On occasion, the Dash.dat will not "take". It needs to be loaded again.... Not sure, but it hasn't happened in a while.

It might be a voltage supply issue. A bad ground can give flaky data. Not all the parts of the engine are grounded to the chassis. Fuel rails typically sits on the injectors, which is connected to a rubber hose on the supply end and then grommets and a plastic intake manifold on the feed end.

Just some basic diagnostics ideas that might help.....

I've bastardized a computer power supply to provide a decent bench top DC power supply. Gives me 3.3, 5 and 12 VDC to power up stuff and do basic diagnostics. Cheep ones are $20 in the US.

You can also feed back the 5VDC supply voltage into the analog channel that isn't working right. Strip out the formula to look at raw voltage on the display. (at this point it should be a fancy volt meter.) I've also fed in the power coming out of the Dash's power supply to see the calibration volts.

I've also hooked up pressure sensors to my air compressor to double check the calibration curves. Again using my trusty computer power supply to power it and a hand held volt meter to read out the voltage.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

Return to “Sensor-related questions”