Revs on Hayabusa motor

adamhay

Revs on Hayabusa motor

Postby adamhay » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Another potentially dumb question from me :oops:

Anyway . . . my Busa motor has plug cap coils so I can't really get a lead and clip into the HT side and my tacho output seems to be all over the place.

Am I right in thinking that the coils have a permanent live and a switched live that is switched to earth by the ECU? If so, can I connect the revs+ to the permanent live on the LT side of the coil and the revs- to the switched ECU LT input to the coil?

I'd appreciate some assistance as I really don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to damage either the ECU or the DL1.

Ta

Support

Postby Support » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi Adam,

It's not a dumb question at all... in fact it is one that comes up very often. The problem is that it is a tough one to answer!

In the "good old days" ignition system were nice and simple, you had a coil with a HT "king lead" going to a distributor and then individual "plug leads" from the distributor to the spark plugs…. However this type of setup is increasingly becoming the exception rather than the rule!

I've spent a good chunk of the day re-writing our guidelines on the RPM pickup. Hopefully this will help?!

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... RPMSensors

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Andy

Return to “Sensor-related questions”