Problems dropping markers with Dash1

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Problems dropping markers with Dash1

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:53 am

I have my Dash1 working now with my DL1 (#1253). I have reflashed both using the firmware provided recently.

The DL1 performs correctly as a data logger. Though I was unable to get the auto start/stop feature to work reliably. It kept creating zillions of tiny log files. I turned the feature off and it logs correctly now.

Though the Dash1 displays data as configured, including logging status and shift lights, I can not get the lap markers and lap times working on screen. When I press the down arrow to set a beacon, nothing happens. I have confirmed via the menu that the button is configured for that. Is there a trick?

I have also noticed strange warnings for high levels on the analog inputs. Since it is an earlier DL1 it only has 7 analog inputs. It complains about a high warning on A8. I assume A8 must be connected internally to the supply voltage. It also complains about high levels on other analog inputs but shows them on screen as zero.

I have the DL1 wired to a switched circuit. It shows over 14V at times but there is nothing special about the circuit. It's an E36 1997 BMW M3. Do I need regulate the power to the DL1?

Is there somethign strange with the combination I am using? COuld I have a very early unit that is not compatible with the Dash1?

Any advice would be helpfull.

Peter

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi Peter:

1. Especially if recently reflashed w/ V7 firmware, your DL1 should be fully compatible with the DASH1.

2. In order to accept commands from the DASH1, the DL1 must be configured (using the Windows setup utility) with the "GSM Modem Mode" checkbox selected. This tell the DL1 to execute, rather than log, command inputs.

3. Unfortunately, the first "set marker" command is not always reliably executed even when everything is set up right, this is something that is being worked on.

3a. Creating the markers in Analysis is a reasonable way to do it, just make sure you have markers AND sectors created and save as a .lap file (under Advanced Loads/Saves) and put on the CF card.

4. Not sure what is going on with the analog alarms. 14V is not unusual as an alternator output, btw, and is an acceptable DL1 input voltage. Are the alarms explicitly disabled in the DASH1 config utility? Do the DL1 log file show any high spikes in the analog channels when viewed in Analysis?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:49 pm

That did it. Thanks.

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:18 pm

RTUSA wrote:3. Unfortunately, the first "set marker" command is not always reliably executed even when everything is set up right, this is something that is being worked on.

Is this the same on the Dash2?

We had so many troubles with Dash2 and markers!

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:55 pm

I think so, yes.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

jacko996

Postby jacko996 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:57 am

Can I bring this topic up again, to see if there is any information on dropping a GPS lap marker from the DL1?? rather than from the dash2

Cheers
Dave

Return to “Installation questions”