Mounting the Dash2

Gotech

Mounting the Dash2

Postby Gotech » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:46 am

Hi everyone
I'm new to the race tech forum. We started installing the dash2 systems into local race cars (South Africa) and wondered what is the best way to mount the dash.

Do you have to mount it on a vibration damper or can it just be mounted onto the fiberglass dash panel?

We made these mounting plates for the dash2 and they seem to work ok. They are stainless steel lazer cut plates.

Gotech Engine Management Systems
www.gotech.co.za

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:38 pm

Panels look nice!

A little vibration isolation is never a bad thing, but I don't think it is mandatory unless vibration levels are extreme.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Gotech

Postby Gotech » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:44 pm

Thanks for the reply.

We mainly use the Dash2 on Lotus 7's with quite a lot of vibration, would you recomend mounting them on a foam pad?

Panels look nice!

Thanks, the panels were made for steering colom mounting. With the panel you can move the dash closer to the steering if needed. :wink:
Gotech Engine Management Systems
www.gotech.co.za

DavidRowley

Postby DavidRowley » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:12 pm

hi Gotech

the panel you guys made looks just like what i need i have a LSIS car and would like to see if i can get one over to the UK i have paypal if money is an issue please get in touch my email address is

Thexman@blueyonder.co.uk

cheers

Support

Postby Support » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:12 pm

It's true... unless the vibration is quite extreme, there is no problem. The DASH2 is a very tough little unit.

If you do add some damping you have to be quite careful not to make things worse... we did experiment with little rubber mounts (like tiny engine mounts) and under some conditions the DASH2 was resonanting.

I would certainly go with a rigid mounting to start with.

Kind regards from the UK,

Andy (RT support)

Return to “Installation questions”