Tilt factor when dashboard is not levelled ?

labr_dk

Tilt factor when dashboard is not levelled ?

Postby labr_dk » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:07 am

(also posted in "installtions problems").

I have installed the AP22. Unfortunatly the dashboard does not allow for at perfect level installation. The meter is tilted approx. 3degrees forward - ie the side of the box near the windscreen is slightly lower than the display side of the box.

What should I do with the tilt-factor comparable to a perfectly leveled installation - increase or decrease the number ?

Thanks for your help !

Cheers
Lars

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:17 pm

AP22 tilt correction is automatic.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

labr_dk

Postby labr_dk » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:00 pm

Thanks !

lasseoe

Postby lasseoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Is this also the case for the current DL1 ?
Lasse

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:37 pm

No.

Ideally a DL1 should be mounted level.

If not, there is compensation available in the software, under vehicle options. The Help file discusses this, have a look at that.

In my opinion the best method is to mount as level as possible (the monitor function read through a PC is a big help) with the car parked in a level spot, then take a short (say 15-30 seconds) run log, load that into Analysis, and let it compute its own compensations, as commanded under Data > Vehicle Options > Accelerometers > Calc Offsets.

If the DL1 is quite level you can skip the compensation. If you are using the compensation, you will have to save it as a .car file (under advanced load/saves).

Note that for most uses, the mounting angle and compensation is not super critical (as long as it's "eyeball level"). But for determining power/torque it is quite critical.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “Installation questions”