Kart Installs

Rich

Kart Installs

Postby Rich » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:03 am

Hello,

I have been using my DL-1 in various "real" cars for a year now and have had great results.

I recently aquired a 125cc shifter kart and am looking for installation tips. Currently I have the unit mounted on a horizontal bracket under the front faring with the GPS sensor on top of the front fairing. Unfortunatley, everything on the kart vibrate like mad and I am not getting good results.

If anyone has advice and/or pictures of sucessfull kart installs I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rich

Support

Postby Support » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:49 am

The use of GPS on go karts is "marginal" at the moment.... the problem is 2 fold, firstly karts vibrate very hard and GPS doesn't like vibration, however with some reasonable isolation you can normally engineer around this. The second problem is that Karts have very high rates of "jerk" (defined at the rate of change in acceleration) and GPS doesn't like this either!! Basically go karts can change direction much faster than cars due to their low mass and high grip.....

So I guess my answer is, address the vibration isolation first, but be aware the track mapping and speed data is "unlikely" to be as good as it is in the car.

Support

Return to “Installation questions”