engine malfunction warning and OE oil pressure switch warnings.

anthony pearce

engine malfunction warning and OE oil pressure switch warnings.

Postby anthony pearce » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:46 pm

seeking advice on wiring up the oem low oil pressure switch and ecu malfunction warning output, to give warning display on Dash 2 pro. I am looking for info on the circuit/resistors recommended/ required to connect to two spare Analogue input /out driver, and hence a display warning.

racetec
Site Admin

Re: engine malfunction warning and OE oil pressure switch warnings.

Postby racetec » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:31 pm

The analogue inputs on the DASH2 PRO have very weak pull downs on the inputs. So you need to make sure that the inputs are actively driven high by the ECU.

Martin

anthony pearce

Postby anthony pearce » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:15 pm

martin, Can you clarify your comments with a little more info. The ecu malfunction output is low at less than 3v for the indication of a fault and 12v pluse when no fault existis. In the case of the oil pressure switch, the ninitial low pressure on start is a 12v output and once the pressure has reached the required pressure the switch is open circuit.

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:52 am

You should just be able to connect those input signals directly to the analogue inputs on the DASH2 PRO and look at the voltages in the Analysis software to confirm that they are operating correctly.

Martin

anthony pearce

Postby anthony pearce » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:51 pm

MARTIN, I AM STILL COCERNED REGARDING THE MALFUCTION AND OILPRESSURE WARNINGS. Your last response quotes" should be able to connect inputs directly to the analogue inputs etc etc". A connection ( joining of wires)can be made as advised, but I am looking for more confidence that it is not going to damage the Dash.
The wiring to date has been based on the use of Subaru manuals for the engine and its sensors, modified to reflect the requirements of Dash 2 pro'
The documentation available for wiring warning lights does not include these two indicators, despite the basic engine requirements and industry standards.
The Subaru wiring of the Malfunction light is based on the ignition voltage being applied via a diode to the LED indicator light located in the combination (dash) meter. It also embodies a resistor in the output lead that subsequently connects to the ECU. Do I need a resistor fitted in the feed from the ECU to the input to the analogue device. If yes what value should it be.?
In the case of oil pressure warning ,the wiring within the combination meter is the same, with the output lead connected to the oil pressure switch. In the engine static/ closed position the circuit is earthed giving the warning. With the oil pressure increase the switch will open the light will go out. Again to limit the current should I also fit a resistor, and what value?
I understand that all analogue inputs are protected by inbuilt diodes within the Dash2

Your installation documents make reference to making sure the correct resistors are fitted to sensor circuits, where sensors give a signal as a result of resistance change, to give a voltage output and a means of current limitations to the Dash2 analogue circuits.

Regads
Tony Pearce

anthony pearce

Postby anthony pearce » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Have you any advice/comments on previous.

Return to “Installation questions”