Dash 2 pro connection with AIM vems

Diesel des

Dash 2 pro connection with AIM vems

Postby Diesel des » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:54 pm

I am trying to connect my VEMS ecu to my Racetech Dash2 pro and am having problems. Both are less than about 2 years old and VEMS is running quite recent firmware. I ordered the Dash 2 with built in ECU comms for VEMS AIM protocol and so i hoped things would be easy. I cant get anything on my DASH 2 from VEMS. So i have been trying to make sure i am getting something from the VEMS ecu on a PC terminal program. When connected to the normal RS232 port i get constant "rubbish" from vems which may be the aim protocol or just rubbish. It just looks like constantly updating data that makes no sense to me. AIM is enabled in Vems tune. Can anyone confirm the following:

What should AIM protocol look like when viewed on a terminal screen?
I am connected to the "normal" RS232 port on vems
Should i use a normal cable or a NUL cable?
Is there any special software I can run on the dash 2 to read the raw data it is recieving?

Thanks des.

Support

Re: Dash 2 pro connection with AIM vems

Postby Support » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am

Dear Des,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

Connection from the ECU RS232 to the DASH2 PRO RS232 should be made using a standard RS232 cable as opposed to a null modem.

I would recommend connecting to the RS232 of the ECU using our Live monitor software. Ensure the correct baud rate is selected and click connect. You should see errors counting up at the bottom of the screen.

- Once we are receiving errors in the software, go to Logging in the top left and select "Start streaming data to PC File"

- A window will appear, ensure "Log everything as RAW data" is selected and click OK

- allow this to run for 1-2 minutes

- Select Logging and then select "Stop streaming data to PC File"

- Select Display and ensure "Show results explorer" is enabled (Shown as a tick)

- On the left hand side of the screen you'll see a column showing the days date.

- Open the file tree for the days date on which you create the file and inside will be the time the log was created with the word "manual Log" next to it

- Open this tree and you'll see Manual log.RUN

- Right click on this and select "Export to File"

- Give the file a name and click Save

If you can send me this file over email, I can check this for you and ensure the data being output from the ECU is correct for our display to receive and decode.

sam@race-technology.com

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Diesel des

Postby Diesel des » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Anyone?

Diesel des

Postby Diesel des » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi Sam thanks for the reply, not sure how I missed it. Can you send me a link to the live monitor software I need to use. Thanks des.

Diesel des

Postby Diesel des » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Diesel des

Postby Diesel des » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Sam,
I have sent you the log file that you needed by email.

I would be greatfull if you can have a look and let me know what is wrong. I used the very same laptop and cable to communicate to vems just before i ran this test so i know it works ok. Thanks des.

Diesel des

Postby Diesel des » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Issue resolved. Instead of setting the dash up as a vems ECU I needed to set it to aim. Working great. Thanks ded

Martin.ring

Postby Martin.ring » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:05 am

Diesel.

What settings for you have in the vems and the dash2pro?

I have the same, but cant get data?

My parts is not installed in the car, but belive data still be read?

Mayby a copy og your ecu settings/program? So i know its not men ho setup the vems wrong? :)

Reguards
Martin

Return to “Installation questions”