Dash 2 buttons

striker

Dash 2 buttons

Postby striker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:55 pm

While building a car I've been buying parts as when they come up for sale and about 2 years ago purchased a used Dash2 and its associated connectors and partial loom.
I've only now got round to fitting it so a few weeks ago bought these to operate it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Race-Technology-Dash2-water-resistan-button-set-12v-/160544445544?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256131d468

I've conected up as per the instructions but find that none of the switches operate their respective functions. I have tested continuity between common(white) and each colour at the female conector and all work perfectly. The remnants of the O/E wiring are still solderd in place so all are in the correct pin-out positions on the plug
The dash display powers up, my indicator and alternator warning lights function as they should, I've managed to change the display configuration via the RS 232 but no joy with the buttons.

The unit is dated 2008 but I wouldn't think that would have any bearing on it?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Rich :wink:

osborni

Postby osborni » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm

So pushing the menu button does't get you into the menu?

I'd check continuity to the harness plug.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

striker

Postby striker » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Yes thats correct.

Continuity to the harness plug is fine - checked each one again today for a second time just to be sure but still no joy :(

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Check the switch common is connected to ground. If the switch common is not ground just was the ground the DASH is running off. It the switch common is ground then the switch inputs are not working. We have seen this before when 12v have been connected to the switch inputs.

Kind regards,
Kieran

striker

Postby striker » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Problem solved - switched common wasn't to ground :roll:

Thanks very much Kieran :wink:

Return to “Installation questions”