Dash2 + DL1 for Lotus Exige mkII

Jules

Dash2 + DL1 for Lotus Exige mkII

Postby Jules » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:24 am

Hello,

I am very interested in a proper and integrated solution for inboard data loggin and display. There are a few solutions on the market, but I like the philosophy and the possibilities offered by the Race Technology products.

I am specificaly seeking for a solution to integrate as best as I can, the equipment in my Lotus Exige 2005.

I read here and there that it was possible to link the dash2 display to the data feed provided by the CAN or ECU of the car. I have to admit I am still quite not at ease with understanding all the technical aspects.

However, the aim of this post is to gather as much ideas as possible from users and technical support from Race Tech, to know if integrated the Dash2 to the original display board as already been done on an Exige. If so, who made the installation etc.
Is Race Tech providing tailor made solutions for a few cars? (like Lotus...)

A last detail, I am living in Paris, member of the Club Lotus France. The Race Tech products are often discussed on our forum, but we unfortunatly miss information about the installation procedures on Lotus cars.

Thanks in advance for your answers and pictures to illustrate the result.

PS : excuse my french ! :lol:

Turby

Postby Turby » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:37 pm

You have also read here that the Dash2 will be available "Late 2005". Its still not available, nor AFAIK are the CAN / OBD / other ECU interfaces.

http://www.aimsports.com/products/mxl-chooser.html is another product which is available and should match your requirements for connectivity.

Of course I may be completley wrong and they will be released on Monday :)

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:21 pm

Hello:

Your English is fine!

As Turby notes we did miss "Late 2005". :oops:

But we won't miss "Monday" by much as a batch is in final assembly right now. 8)

As it stands, the DASH2 can be used in 2 modes:

As a DL1 or DL2 peripheral

As a standalone display.

We do not yet offer the ECU/CAN/OBD2 data feeds, that is phase 2. But the standalone DASH2 can bring in everything (directly from sensors or signals) required to be a fully functional road or race vehicle dash.

The modern Lotuses (Loti?) are very popular with our customers. I would think it likely that one or more of our backlog of DASH2 orders are for Elise or Exige owners. I'll keep my ears open in the US.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:40 pm

It sounds like the specs have moved on a lot from what is published :)

Is there an updated brochure for the Dash2 available so those purchasing one of the early ones know what they are actually getting ?

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:47 pm

Turby:

Yes, but my copy (as of last week) is a late draft.

Assuming that you are in the UK (?), email sales@race-technology.com and I'm guessing that there is a final version ready now or almost certainly next week.

Are you an early buyer?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:13 pm

I have expressed strong interest in the Dash2 with the guys at RT about 9 months ago ... I wanted it to operate in conjunction with my Motec ECU and the DL1. I was down for an early test version of the ECU / DL1 interface box but nothing, so far has come of it.

I had lots of questions at the time regarding the functionality of the Dash2 which at the time was not supported in the draft documentation. eg fuel level indication, more indicators for things such as ABS (UK legal requirement), handbrake, indicators, main beam, oil light, alternator light etc. Along with features such as performance indication during a single run... yes... back the classic what features work for for "point to point" applications as opposed to "round and round" applications.

Hence I eagerley await the new Dash2 specification :)

Jules

Postby Jules » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:18 pm

Thanks for the information.
I'll have a look from time to time on this topic, hopping that one of the customers, owner of a Lotus, will post their installation solution.
Thanks, and regards,

Julien
(From Club Lotus France)

SilverEvoIX

Postby SilverEvoIX » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:05 am

Hi there, I was wondering whether there have been any developments on this question and in particular whether there have been developments to link the product into the factory ecu on the Mitsubishi Evo IX?

cheers
Shav
Car: Evo IX (stock)

Return to “Installation questions”