DL-1, Dash2, CANbus interface

cr_craig

DL-1, Dash2, CANbus interface

Postby cr_craig » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 pm

2007 Lotus Sport Exige Cup 255
Analysis version 7.5.128
Dash2 running version 9.1.8 (can't run latest version, hangs the dash)
DL-1 serial number 701 running version 33 091215 (latest from web)
CANBUS interface running version 100226 (latest from web)
Dash config utility version 1.0.121
Can config utility version 1.0.83
LiteMonitor version 2.3.1
Monitor version 2.1.38

Running lite monitor, I see the five values of interest from the ECU: speed, engine speed, fuel level, water temp, and a status byte including MIL/crank/running/shift_light. Engine speed appears correctly in the "Native Units" column but is incorrect (8000 RPM) in the "User Units" column. In the CAN interface configuration, I map fuel level to aux 1 and the status byte to auxiliary 1.

I've run the analysis software and modified the variables to include my sensors and ECU variables. Running the full Monitor program, none of the ECU variables' values are reflected. They all remain pegged at the 2.xxx default value. (I selected the correct serial port as the source, tried both with and without a variables file loaded, and did hit the 'play' button.) Back to lite monitor and everything is fine, except for the engine speed anomaly noted above.

I have disabled RPM in the DL-1 configuration, incoming serial data is enabled/enabled, decode serial data is selected. I have nothing connected to the spark or rpm inputs on the DL-1.

When everything is connected together, water temp and fuel level appear on the dash correctly. Engine speed is pegged around 3000 rpm (I've configured the dash with a pulses per rev value of 0.5, this may be incorrect). I don't know if speed is correct, since the car is on a trailer at the moment, at least it settles down to read '0'.

I would like to confirm that I will be able to display speed (mph) from the ECU on the dash. Note that although speed from the ecu misc4 appears in the analysis variable manager, it *does not* appear in the dash2 configuration utility.

I would also like to get the correct engine speed reading to display.

CAN Config utility 1.0.83 filter loc does not appear to work (I cannot get it to do anything, clicking in the box gives no response).

cr_craig

Postby cr_craig » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm not making any progress. It would be appreciated if I could get some help. Engine speed from ECU shows as 0 in monitor. On the dash, it goes wild. In monitor lite, native units look sane but user units are pegged at 8000. I have a brief capture using monitor lite if that's of any use. Or tell me what data you need and I'll gather it.

TrackReady

Postby TrackReady » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:34 am

Did you ever get this working?

Could you share you CAN Config File?

Return to “Installation questions”