Orientation of DL1 on bike

GrahamB

Orientation of DL1 on bike

Postby GrahamB » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:52 am

Given that in bike-mode the lateral accelerometers are disabled, does it matter if the DL-1 is mounted on its side (ie longest edge vertical)?

I'm running into a few space constraints on the new bike :shock:

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:21 am

This was answered by email, but for the record -

Yes, it's fine to mount the unit on its side. This is true in BIKE mode only, we largely ignore the lateral acceleration signal for motorcycle use.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

ewaher

Postby ewaher » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:02 am

How does one put the logger in bike mode?

GrahamB

Postby GrahamB » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:10 pm

Strictly speaking, it's not the logger that is in bike mode, but the analysis software. Iideally you change this through the configuration program, to car, bike or boat. For whatever reason that doesn't work on my PC (under Win2k), so I had to hand edit the config file.

ewaher

Postby ewaher » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Could you detail the steps to do that Graham?

I saw that there is a <BIKE> option you can add to the program command line but I didn't see any changes in the software. I suppose I could have missed them easily enough.

GrahamB

Postby GrahamB » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:44 am

Go to the start menu->Race Technology->DL1->DL1 Configuration
That should open a little window with a couple of radio buttons. Click on bike and see what happens. Hopefully all will be well... if you get something about the file being locked by another user, or the analysis program still starts in car mode... let me know and I'll give you the details of the hand-edit approach.

The editing itself is simple: you open the config file in a text editor (ie notepad) and change the "0" to "1" on the first line. However it's important where the file sits... and I don't have it on this machine...

The changes are fairly subtle. One is that there will be a new variable "cycle lean angle" available.

ewaher

Postby ewaher » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:56 pm

Hm. If I goto my run menu/Programs/DL1/DL1 Configuration

I get the configuration program for the DL1. This is the program that writes the SETUP.BIN file to the CF card.

Lets try the manual config file edit approach. Were you able to find out where the file is located? I looked through the RT software folders and didn't see anything obvious. Thanks

Return to “Installation questions”