Another Remote Start/Stop question

alvanderp

Another Remote Start/Stop question

Postby alvanderp » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:28 am

I picked up the RT Start/Stop button recently and finally got around to wiring it up this weekend. I used the wiring instructions in the FAQ and when I power the DL1 up, the LED in the button comes on, but when I depress the button, nothing happens. If I manually start logging with the button on the DL1, and then depress the remote button, it does stop the logging, but will not start it.

Anyone have a similar issue? I have triple checked the wiring to ensure it is going in the correct ports on the connector, and am at a loss as to what is causing the issue.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:27 am

I had a similar issue (I think I had pretty much every issue possible with the remote start/stop!).

Using a pull-up resistor (I think it was 1kOhm, between 5V and Remote, whilst the button itself is between Remote and Ground) seemed to fix it.

Give it a try.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:15 am

I found out yesterday that the wiring diagrams on the packets and knowledge base for the start/stop switch were wrong. I have now updated them, please check here for the correct version:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... nectSwitch

Martin

alvanderp

Postby alvanderp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 pm

OK - I tried the new wiring diagram, and now the switch doesnt work at all.

alvanderp

Postby alvanderp » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:07 am

I started swapping wires around and got it working. Now, I am assuming the colored wires are hooked up correctly to the button, I may have an isolated QC issue on my button:

Red: 5V+
Yellow: GND
Blue: Stat
Green: Trig

In other words, I had to swap green and blue from the new wiring instructions Martin linked.

-Drew

Return to “Installation questions”