RPM input for DL1

Adrian Williams

RPM input for DL1

Postby Adrian Williams » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:39 am

I've been using a DL1 for a couple of seasons on a Caterham. The rpm input was taken from the tacho feed from MEMS ecu and has resulted in a constant reading of 500rpm with occasional spikes.

I've changed cars so I'm now fitting the DL1 to my new car which is also a Caterham and would like to get the correct rpm reading this time around. The car has a stack dash and aces shift lights already fitted, presumably if I use the same feed for both of these which runs of the MBE ecu I'll get the same problem as before?

Adrian Williams

CharlesElliott

Postby CharlesElliott » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:09 pm

Adrian,

I run my DL1 and Aces shift lights from the Stack tacho feed (my car doesn't have a Stack and so its spare), and the standard taco feed remains untouched.

Unless there are impedence issues, it should work if you tap off the stack feed.

I assume you are connecting to rL on the DL1.

Charles

Adrian Williams

Postby Adrian Williams » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:51 pm

Thanks Charles

I'm connecting it to the rpm (5v) input on the DL1. The feed to the aces is a white wire with a black trace, is that the same as yours?

Support

Postby Support » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:04 pm

I don't know if it helps any more, but I recently re-wrote most the help on the RPM input as it comes up lots in my support work!!

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... RPMSensors

Kind regards,

Andy (RT support)

CharlesElliott

Postby CharlesElliott » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Yes, black with white trace. I actually think that the Stack feed and std Caterham Tacho feed are just two wires from the same ECU pin.

A few people I race with had problems tapping the std tacho feed for the DL1, hence why I used the Stack pin.

I guess that impedance issues are quite marginal so I think you'll need to try it.

Adrian Williams

Postby Adrian Williams » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Thanks again Charles and Andy

I'll give it a go on the white and black feed and see what results I get.

Adrian Williams

Postby Adrian Williams » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:09 pm

It worked. :D

Thanks again guys.

Return to “Installation questions”