Combining Stack 8130 dash and DL1

Chassis 33

Combining Stack 8130 dash and DL1

Postby Chassis 33 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi, I've got a Stack 8130 dash in my car that I've had for many years, the series I race in are now mandating a DL1 to monitor and police PTW limits. What I'd like to do is make more use of the DL1 that just PTW and log engine data. Is it possible to take the datalogging outputs (that presumably mate directly with Stacks own logging kit) and plumb them into the DL1?

If not, (given i can wire the electrics in a car, but electronics may as well be brain surgery to me) whats the most elegant solution to give signals to both devices, I really don't want to go down the route of individual senders for each device if at all possible.

Regards
Iain

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:04 pm

The devil is in the details on this sort of thing. My guess is yes, that the Stack and the RT unit can share some if not all inputs. The DL1 has 8 analog (ie voltage recorder) inputs, RPM, and 4 pulse rate / counter inputs, plus tach feed. Your installation presumably already uses some of these but I'd imagine that most are left.

You will have to identify the signal leads from each sensor, wire and calibrate each signal.

Out of curiousity, what type of vehicle is this?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Chassis 33

Postby Chassis 33 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:31 am

Hi thanks for the reply. The car is 4l TVR Chimaera stripped out for racing, the existing setup is Lucas 14CUX ECU which is effectively stand alone from the Stack dash.

What I intend to do this winter is convert the car to using a Megasquirt ECU, and install the DL1 (which incidentally is a late Mk1 type I've bought 2nd hand), and then combine the lot, so the Stack can show me whats happening and the DL1 can save it for prosperity.

Regards
Iain

Return to “Installation questions”