Issues connecting Dash2 to PC

Jamiehol

Issues connecting Dash2 to PC

Postby Jamiehol » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:25 pm

I’ve had my Dash 2 a while now but its just developed an issue connecting to my PC if I try and connect from V10 of the software to my Dash it just fails at the sending hardware identification command.

The thing that is baffling me is I am using the same PC as I have always done with a serial port and using a Startech brand serial cable again that I have always used. However the serial port on the Dash is obviously working as it will quite happily read data from my ECU interface and DL1 logger.

I’d welcome any thoughts and suggestions as to the issue.

Support

Re: Issues connecting Dash2 to PC

Postby Support » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:15 am

Which firmware version are you using on your DASH2? If you want to use V10 PC software it will only communicate with V10 firmware on the dash, so you must reflash the dash. BEWARE though - if you upgrade to V10 firmware you will have to recreate your dash configuration because older configuration files are not compatible with V10 firmware.

Jamiehol

Re: Issues connecting Dash2 to PC

Postby Jamiehol » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:01 pm

I should have said I have at numerous times over the last year had the version 10 software talking to my Dash2, I haven’t got the Dash next to me at the minute but it is definitely on a version 10 firmware.

Return to “General support questions”