DL1 Mk2 overriding auto Start and stop logging

lotus7

DL1 Mk2 overriding auto Start and stop logging

Postby lotus7 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Does the push button start /stop logging on the front panel override the auto start stop programmed, configured on the CF card ? I use 40kph and 10kph to auto start and stop logging
I want to log Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, RPM and water temp while in the workshop for reference purposes - I could load the RT files off the CF card but data was complete rubbish - Log light was lit on the DL1 face as well as on my connected Dash 2 - top left green shift light
Note : DASH 2 screens shows all 5 analogue inputs via the serial cable , from DL1 and also the two Dash2 direct analogues - Oil and Fuel Pressure
I tried it by pushing the log button after starting the engine , i.e logger switched on my ignition switch - Normally used CF card was in the DL1 before it was switched on
So question is can I log data while in the workshop if my DL1 is configured for specific auto/stop logging

Greg Amy

Re: DL1 Mk2 overriding auto Start and stop logging

Postby Greg Amy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:38 pm

Yes, the red button will override the auto start/stop. You don't even need a GPS signal.

If the log lights were lit you should have good data, sounds like a different problem.
Greg Amy
FastTech Limited, http://www.fasttechlimited.com/
Data Acquisition, Driver Consultation

lotus7

Postby lotus7 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Will try a freshly formatted CF card
However , Red button logging then does not affect the "stored" setup.bin and *.lap file for future , usual use

Greg Amy

Postby Greg Amy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:26 pm

You're aware that formatting with Win10 will not work?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3666&p=14416#p14416
Greg Amy
FastTech Limited, http://www.fasttechlimited.com/
Data Acquisition, Driver Consultation

lotus7

Postby lotus7 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 pm

Indeed I am aware , I use a desktop with Win 7 . Also I cannot format direct from the Format Flash Card command in Analysis v8.5. I have to do it directly from Win 7 .
I tried again today to log on my usual race logging flash card - It does have my Setup.bin and Killarney.lap files and auto start at 40kph, stops at 10kph which is obviously transferred onto the logger
I inserted the card- which does contain some 10 successful dated race logs -, then started the car , which also switches on the logger . Pressed the log button , light comes on also on my Dash2 ( top left green light) . after some 10 mins of "playing with the throttle, I pressed the log button again, switching off the engine .
Ejected the card but no log !
What did I do wrong ?

BTW Dash 2 shows all my programmed screens , revs , oil and fuel pressure , temps , battery voltage etc

lotus7

Postby lotus7 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:56 pm

Sorted my problem out. CF card was formatted correctly , no problem there
However, , with my DL1 Mk2 , the start/stop logging button does not override the auto start / stop configuration in the logger
Had to reconfigure without auto , then no problem logging with the button
Re configured afterwards with my normal auto start / stop and also my *.LAP file

YMMV

Return to “General support questions”