DL1 SD card lose

JohnB

DL1 SD card lose

Postby JohnB » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi,

Run my DL1 for the first time at the weekend. I have multiple occurrences of the SD card being ejected when the car hit a bump - this is circuit racing, so the bumps are not that big. Strangle enough when I took the scenic route over the grass on one lap the SD card was fine.

Any suggestions about how to fix the issue (other than an elastic band).

Regards
John

CharlesElliott

Re: DL1 SD card lose

Postby CharlesElliott » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi John - I haven't had that, but to stop the GPS sensor going haywire I had to put some foam under it.

On the SD card.....mine pushes in and clicks and then you have to push it in again to take it out. At least I'm pretty sure it works that way because I've flicked it out before!

JohnB

Postby JohnB » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:23 pm

Thanks Charles,

Mine clicks it correctly but it come out multiple times at Mallory. I have found a velco tie that fits around the DL1 & cards and appears to secure things. So will try that out this weekend.

CharlesElliott

Postby CharlesElliott » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:28 am

It does sound like maybe you have a faulty SD card socket. Suggest you raise a support case and see what they say.

Stan

Postby Stan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:00 pm

I've had this issue too, but solved it on my own.

If you can geek a bit you can resolve the matter. With the unit apart and SD unit visible, just work a card in/out to learn the function. Then use a pick to move / align bits better. When done you wind up with a crisp and secure spring action and always a positive connection. Before I did this, the car would feel odd going in / out. And often I'd get a blinking LED behavior as the card was not connecting correctly. In my case it was the contact finger nearest the card's lock/unlock slider that was the problem. So I had to solve the spring detent action, plus ensure that all pins were engaging the card contact fingers.

Return to “General support questions”