No log files crearted

_Daniel_

No log files crearted

Postby _Daniel_ » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my logger; it is a DL Mk2. I bought my bike with the logger and dash already set-up and I hadn't been using the logging feature. I did try the last few race days to start using the logger, I know it had recorded the data previously because when i formatted the CF card to start fresh it had data files showing my local track; i bought the bike interstate.

However, it will now not create any data files now, this started around the time the fuse to the logger partially blew and the power to the logger was erratic (logger turning on and off while riding) it no longer records the data. The fuse is replaced now and it is constantly powered.

The logger is set-up to start automatically and I have been pressing the trigger button to set the finish line because I haven't got a map file set-up yet.

I'm thinking of buying a new CF card to try that has a last attempt but the cards used worked for the previous owner and it did have data from my racing here on it before.

Is there anything else I can do or does the logger need to be replaced?

I haven't managed to connect to the logger with my laptop, windows 10 and usb to serial issues. But when following the manual to connect I got to the stage to check the firmware and it does have the out dated firmware that requires the legacy program. Has anyone fixed logger issues updating the firmware? I will need to manage to connect to do this though so I don't lose the set-up calc's of the Dash.

Thanks,

Daniel

CharlesElliott

Re: No log files crearted

Postby CharlesElliott » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:02 am

How did you format the CF card......under Windows 10? Unfortunately Windows 10 cannot format the card in a compatible way.

_Daniel_

Re: No log files crearted

Postby _Daniel_ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 am

How did you format the CF card......under Windows 10? Unfortunately Windows 10 cannot format the card in a compatible way.
Yes I did use my Windows 10 PC - thanks for your reply I was considering spending 550 on a new speedangle lap timer but will hold off now.

I'll give using an older XP machine at work ago formatting the cards and see if it works.

I also have a problem with the finish line not always being picked up and the timer continuing for multiple laps. I'm hoping this is fixed when i set-up the map file once I get some usable data. Currently I am pressing the trigger button at min 60km but usually more - I'm hoping this is a solution but I'm not convinced since it should just move the line further up the straight not put it off to the sides.

If anyone has input on that fault as well that would be great.

Return to “General support questions”