Connecting Dash2 to Computer with v8.5

dicko

Connecting Dash2 to Computer with v8.5

Postby dicko » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:01 am

This is my first time trying to do anything with Dash2 and the Configuration software. Thanks for your help!

I've purchased the car with a Dash2 in it, and want to modify the settings.

I've downloaded version 8.5 of the configuration software (loads up as Dash2PRO COnfiguration v4.0.56 so I assume that is the right one? - seemed weird that it was Dash2PRO version when I only selected Dash2 so I assume the config software for them is the same?).

The config software has a button "Read Configuration" which I assume downloads the settings from the dash (the original configuration file was not passed on to me by the previous owner).

When computer is connected to the Dash2 and the dash is powered up, I push the "read configuration" button in the software and it thinks for a while, then pops up an error "System getting live USB data and please restart device and try again".

Turning Dash on and off again, disconencting serial cable and reconnecting etc, still returns same error message.

Dash2 firmware 9.0.9. Installed in a Rally car - no data logging or other units that I am aware of. Talks (somehow) to a LINK G4 ECU for data inputs like oil, water. Pretty simple setup I guess.

Dash2PRO config software communications setting is set to the same data speed as the serial cable under its properties.

As per another post on here, I downloaded Version 8 of the config software to see if that would work, however this has no button to read settings from the dash. There was another post on here with a response from a support tech person dated from April this year confirming this is not possible - I assume because the software was improved since then when V8.5 was released with this function?

Any help appreciated!

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:31 pm

The DASH 2 and DASH 2 PRO configuration software(s) are different and they will only work with their designated software(s).

If you have a DASH 2 PRO (Identifiable by the GPS connector on the back of the unit) please use the DASH 2 PRO configuration software if you have the standard DASH 2 please use the DASH 2 configuration software.

If you have the DASH 2 PRO you will need to connect to the P.C. / laptop via the USB coming out of connector A on the unit wiring loom. Connecting the serial and trying to read the configuration back from the unit will not work.

Kind regards,

Support (D)

peterguk

Postby peterguk » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:54 pm

You can't retrieve the settings stored in the Dash2.

You can load from a saved file but not the settings in the Dash2 itself.

zub

Re: Connecting Dash2 to Computer with v8.5

Postby zub » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:14 am

Resurrecting this thread. I’ve bought a car with a Dash 2 installed which is connected to a DL1, and I also need to read the Dash settings. I don’t want to lose everything that’s set up such as oil pressure, temp, fuel level etc. Is there absolutely no way I can read the existing Dash configuration? It will be a load of work to start from scratch with something that works today. I just need to configure some extra screens.

Many thanks in advance.

Support

Re: Connecting Dash2 to Computer with v8.5

Postby Support » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 am

Hi zub,

You are able to read the configuration back from the DASH2 if the firmware is version 10.0.0 or later.

To find out which version of firmware is running on your DASH2, you need to: Press and hold the DOWN button, power up the unit keeping the button pressed and wait for the firmware version to be displayed along the bottom of the screen.

Return to “General support questions”