Lap Sector Time Display

MMiskoe

Lap Sector Time Display

Postby MMiskoe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:42 am

When reviewing lap times on the analysis software the Lap & Sector times display will only display the lap time for each lap, it will not display the individual sectors for each lap. It will show the fastest sectors, but no others.

I'd like to think that its an easy fix, but I can't find any place that allows it to be turned on or off.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Matt

osborni

Postby osborni » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:48 am

Have you loaded sector markers, aka dot lap files.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

MMiskoe

Postby MMiskoe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:29 am

No, I don't have any. It was the first time I'd been to the track so I only had a .LAP file w/ a single marker on it.

I've tried w/ sector markers produced automatically by the software and then just w/ one or two manually added.

Between reading this response & replying I added markers, saved as a LAP file. Closed everything and reloaded. No sector times.

It will do it on an older file, different track. But it is a much smaller file. The files I'm working on are big, 90 minutes of track time each, 25M file sizes & bigger. I notice that the program doesn't always respnd as well with the bigger files.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:55 am

Hi,

I saw this before on another system but they simply reinstalled the software and the problem disappeared - so i was unable to find the cause. Can you:

- uninstall with registry clean (using the RT uninstaller)
- download and install a clean version
- try again

if the problem is still there, can you tell me what OS you are running, and email me a screenshot and you data to sales@race-technology.com and put it for the attention of "andy". I'll try to recreate the problem, but if I can't (to be honest I would be really suprised if I could) then I will need to connect to your machine with teamviewer to see what is going on.

Thanks,

Andy - RT support

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Matt,

I am assuming you have 'Define Sectors Automatically based on Markers' set in the Data->Lap & Sector Options->Sector Setup screen ?

If this was unticked it would behave as you describe.

Maxx

MMiskoe

Postby MMiskoe » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:19 am

Matt,

I am assuming you have 'Define Sectors Automatically based on Markers' set in the Data->Lap & Sector Options->Sector Setup screen ?

If this was unticked it would behave as you describe.

Maxx

You gave me a lot of credit there Maxx, but you found the problem. I had a feeling it was something that simple.

Thanks

Support

Postby Support » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 am

:o)

It's very embarrasing when the customers know more about the software than me - the guy that wrote it!!

Thanks for stepping in Malc!

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:54 am

:D

Return to “General support questions”