Fuel and shift light questions

Goldspeed

Fuel and shift light questions

Postby Goldspeed » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:06 pm

1, can somebody please tell me how to configure the dam things!! I'm picking up rpm signal ok which is showing on the dash 2 but when rev'd nothing till 4k.! I'm set at 7000 rpm limit and I'm on 2 pulse engine. I have no issues inputting the data just ain't got a frigging idea :-(

2, I've wired in my fuel sender on my celica gt4 via analog output 1 using 5v reference ect..(no other sensors used) then emptied my tank to measure the resistance empty.. Then measured every 5 litres till full.. When I generated the data and uploaded it, it displayed the data as 199.35??? I ran the car for 20mins and this figure never moved. Just to clarify, how do you input/change my cataloged resistance data? Ie resistance to volts?

Walezy

Postby Walezy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:13 pm

I just did the same thing last friday. Best is to put equation y=x into the dash 2 fuel gauge and then rear voltage every 5litres. then you have to put the values into table and it will generate the equation for you. works for me very well. i have calibrated it to show me litres not percentage of the fuel tank so that i know how much fuel is there exactly.

Goldspeed

Postby Goldspeed » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:55 pm

thanks for your reply..

ive worked out im in need of a 100ohm .5watt resistor as im only connecting one sensor.. hopefully this will sort my weird calibration issues out. now just the silly rev light issue to sort... :evil:

rossdagley

Postby rossdagley » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:26 am

Walezy wrote:I just did the same thing last friday. Best is to put equation y=x into the dash 2 fuel gauge and then rear voltage every 5litres. then you have to put the values into table and it will generate the equation for you. works for me very well. i have calibrated it to show me litres not percentage of the fuel tank so that i know how much fuel is there exactly.

How did you change it to litres please?

Walezy

Postby Walezy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Well i did it to show me litres, i mean that it when i know how many litres are at the moment in the tank then i have to assign that value of litres to the volts that are taken from the input(hope this can be understood as english is not my native language :) ).

Return to “General support questions”