Webinar?

corey_dyck

Webinar?

Postby corey_dyck » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I had emailed on the day the recent newsletter came out stating that I wanted to attend/watch the second training webinar next weekend (12 Noon Eastern on June 26) but I haven't got a response. Are there still any spaces left? My email is my username @yahoo.com.

How long is this expected to be? I have to leave the house at about 2 PM Eastern Daylight Time for an evening race, ~2 hours after the scheduled start time.

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Anyone?

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

We will be sending out the details of the webinar shortly. I expect it to last no longer than an 1.5 hours, but cant be a 100% sure as we have not done this before. It all depends on how smoothly it will go for us.

You are on the list so no worries.

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Got it, thanks!

I hope I didn't come across as rude. With no feedback about the email being received I couldn't be certain it had been received at all.

MMiskoe

Postby MMiskoe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:54 am

Might be a thread-highjack, but this was the only topic that came back from a search for Webinars.

Based on what this thread was asking about, you folks did a webinar in the past, I am curious if you would ever do one again. I've gotten a few emails about training sessions but they are on the wrong side of the Atlantic ocean for me to drop by. However, time zones aside, internet communication works pretty well across long distances, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks
Matt

Support

Postby Support » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 am

I don't think so - at the moment we are working on putting together a series of short videos, so for example one each for:

- using the track map
- using quick graphs
- using the lap/sectors table
- using time slip
- using the simulation tool

In fact link to a couple of these are included in the newsletters we have send out this week. We are also going to include links to these in our software, on the main web site, and the wiki... and when we've got a suitable collection they will be set out in such a way that takes you from a basic introduction to a complete example race analysis session.

We think those will be a more convenient "bite size" format than 2+ hours of webinar?

Ta, Support

WillM

Postby WillM » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 pm

The nice part of an interactive presentation, such as a webinar, is the ability for the participants to ask questions, something you can't do while watching videos. :)

I noticed that R-T occasionally hosts open-house type presentations. Would you consider webcasting these presentations for those of us across the pond?

That said, I would find it helpful if there were more information regarding how things should be done, as opposed as how to use certain tools. For example, how should external variables be configured? Is it best to add transformations directly to external variables, or is it better to keep "analog 1" as raw data, and have a user-defined variable (or even vehicle constants) to setup variables?

Cheers,

Will

Return to “General support questions”