reflash

stevieturbo

reflash

Postby stevieturbo » Wed May 20, 2009 11:17 pm

I bought a used Dash2 recently, and got it powered up today.

I tried to connect using the V7 software, but it would appear my unit needed re-flashed. I tried holding down the down button on power up, and no version info appeared.

So...I connected the Dash2 directly to my laptop via Keyspan USB-Serial adaptor. I do not have the serial cable that RT may have supplied with the original unit.

This got approx 16% way through the flash, then suffered connection problems. After that, no flash attempts worked ( including with a laptop with serial port, again connected directly to the RS232 plug )

Ive tried looking up some info, and it would appear that RT swaps the Tx and Rx wires on their connector ?

If I read correctly, a std 9 pin should have pin 2 as Rx, and Pin 3 as Tx ??

The Dash2 does still power up, but with a jumbled dispay, so I'm hoping I didnt fry it.

Anyone any info on the Tx/Rx ?

Support

Postby Support » Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 pm

The Rx and Tx are the right way around, otherwise it wouldn’t have gotten through to 16% on the reflash. Try again with the unit turned off and follow the instruction as to when to turn the unit on. Please email the reflash file you are using to Martin mhill at race-technology.com so he can check that it is the right one for your unit and send through a different one if it isn’t.

stevieturbo

Postby stevieturbo » Thu May 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Support wrote:The Rx and Tx are the right way around, otherwise it wouldn’t have gotten through to 16% on the reflash. Try again with the unit turned off and follow the instruction as to when to turn the unit on. Please email the reflash file you are using to Martin mhill at race-technology.com so he can check that it is the right one for your unit and send through a different one if it isn’t.

Thanks, email on its way.

Return to “General support questions”