DL-1 Creating a .run File as a Folder

Muda

DL-1 Creating a .run File as a Folder

Postby Muda » Tue May 19, 2009 3:38 am

My DL-1 has found yet another way to make me crazy.
This weekend, instead of creating a .run file, it created a folder (sub-directory) with the name typically used for the run file. These folders were stored in the dated folder that is usually created.

I tried reformatting the disk and it did the same thing. It would do it on autostart or if manually keyed.

The only thing I did to it since the last race was to upload a configuration file for the Dash2 and manually modify the Dash2 config through the menus with the buttons.

This setup has been giving me headaches as it has refused to show lap times on the Dash2 and the shift lights are bouncing around between 6 and 7k rpm (redline). But the data from the DL-1 has been flawless until now. Both units have the latest prom flash. Installed in a '91 Miata.

Please help me!

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 19, 2009 1:01 pm

The problem on the DL1 is a firmware bug which has come up before. We are working on a firmware upgrade.
In our experience the solution to this has been to put a new configuration file on the DL1 which will clear it.

In order to troubleshoot the DASH2 problem we would have to get some more information on the configuration and set up, if you could send us an email with some further information then we can assist you with that.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 am

It's going back a couple of years, but I had this once...

I can't 100% remember why it did it, but I think I'd used the config program to change the name of the run files, but used the wrong number of characters... iirc it started making folders instead of files...

But do not quote me on this, as I can't really remember. It was resolved quickly and easily, never returned again, and as such was flushed from my memory :)
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

Muda

Postby Muda » Sun May 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Installed a new Setup.bin file and the DL-1 is back to making run files.

Questions:

Should the SETUP.BIN file remain on the memory card?
Is there a problem if it does?

Should the .LAP file remain on the memory card?
Is there a problem if it does?

Should the DASH.DAT (Dash2 config file) remain on the memory card?
Is there a problem if it does.

I am terribly confused about exactly what should and shouldn't be on the memory card at startup and I am afraid this may be the cause of some of my problems. In the past I have loaded the DASH.DAT, SETUP.BIN (not at each outing) and .LAP files (at each outing after gps signal was established) and then removed them and started with a newly formatted card.

Today I also wired the DL-1 directly to the battery with a switch and wired the rpm signal with shielded cable hoping to take any noise out of the system. If this all doesn't fix things it's coming back to the factory to be checked out.

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Tue May 26, 2009 3:21 am

Leaving the setup.bin on the card at all times fixes it for me. I've not had the problem since.
Peter Carroll, Toronto, Canada
DL1 and Dash2 - http://DriversMeeting.com/pcarroll

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 26, 2009 1:36 pm

The SETUP.BIN file is only there to configure the logger, once the configuration is complete there is no need to have the file there unless you want to change configuration.

The .LAP file contains the information about the lap and sector markers, You can have as many of these as you like on the memory card, provided that they don't contain conflicting information.
Once the DL1 has started and a GPS lock has been acquired the DL1 will read the .LAP files and find the one which has the appropriate information for the current location.

The DASH.DAT does not need to be on the memory card unless you wish to change the configuration.

Return to “General support questions”