Invented data in graphs

timhoverd

Invented data in graphs

Postby timhoverd » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am

I've run a DL1 in my race car for ages. One of the channels in the logger is connected to the brake light switch; we have to run brake lights in my race series. OK, it's not the brake line pressure but it's better than nothing.

In recent builds of the analysis software the display I used to get in graphs: nothing for off the brakes, battery voltage-ish when on the brakes, has changed to a straight line that ramps up to the point where I apply the brakes, as here:

Some points are:

1. There's nothing at all in the configuration of this variable, other than a name for the channel.
  2. If I read the data with a brand new installation of the software, with no changes whatsoever, I get the same thing.
  3. If I run the run to text converter on the data then the resulting CSV file includes what I would expect to see, squarish displays.
  4. If I export the data from the analysis software then that CSV file, unlike the previous one, includes the mysterious ramps.

Is this some new feature that's been installed in the analysis software? Do I need to put a pull-down on the DL1 input?

Any ideas?

Tim Hoverd

Turby

Postby Turby » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Try un-checking Interpolate between data points in "Analysis Options -> Data Options" and check Max rate of change for the analogue input in variable manager.

timhoverd

Postby timhoverd » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Turby wrote:Try un-checking Interpolate between data points in "Analysis Options -> Data Options" and check Max rate of change for the analogue input in variable manager.

Thank you! I'd checked the max rate of change but had completely forgotten, if I ever knew, about the interpolation option.

That's a relief!

Tim

Return to “General support questions”