Dark GPS Lock LED

evl

Dark GPS Lock LED

Postby evl » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi-

Just installed a DL1mkII in my car. Hooked up all of the analog sensors, the ECU interface, and dash3, and everything checked out fine. Rolled the car out into the driveway to test the GPS, and I get nothing on the GPS lock LED. It comes on for a second when turning on the master switch, then goes dark. The status light flickers like normal. Power LED is on, logging can be toggled on/off from the dash3. Tried the latest firmware. Configuration is the defaults you get when clicking on the "dash" button in the config software. Have tried disconnecting the dash, no change. Anything else I should try? Heading to the track tomorrow, would really like to have lap timing working this weekend, not to mention useful logging. Thanks,

-Chris

Turby

Postby Turby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:15 pm

How long did you wait ? It might take several minutes to get a lock. The GPS LED light flashes when the internal GPS system is locked on. It flashes once slowly then a quick "blink" for each satellite it has locked onto.

evl

Postby evl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 am

I've waited up to about 20 minutes. No luck. :( I've also moved the car to the middle of a runway, so it should have a pretty good view of the sky. :/

Dan in Saint Louis

Postby Dan in Saint Louis » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:22 pm

evl wrote:I've waited up to about 20 minutes. No luck. :( I've also moved the car to the middle of a runway, so it should have a pretty good view of the sky. :/

Just in case, examine the GPS cable for pinches and tight bends. Kinks in that cable are a real no-no. Make sure the center pin of its plug is not bent.
--Dan in Saint Louis

Turby

Postby Turby » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 am

More advice, make sure any excess length of cable is not coiled up but is run backwards and forwards, this helps prevent the coil of wire acting as an antenna and picking up noise!

Support

Postby Support » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Could you please send us the run file of the car sat outside for 20mins or a run file from a track day session? gummi(at)race-technology.com this will help us determining the problem.

Return to “General support questions”