Problem with serial data transfer to Dash2

clarkspeed11

Problem with serial data transfer to Dash2

Postby clarkspeed11 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:34 pm

I have a roughly 3 year old DL1 club combined with an older Dash2. Both are configured with the latest firmware. The system has not been used in a year. Now when I power everything up the Dash2 does not read in or display the data being monitored on the DL1. It was working fine last year. I made a few window changes on the Dash2 to check all my sensors but then changed back to my standard layout.

1. I have changed out the RS232 data cable multiple times. It currently has a high quality shielded cable that I confirmed works with other hardware. Cable length is probably 3 meters. I can read the DL1 data through Live Monitor fine with this cable.
2. The DL1 Club works perfectly with it's dedicated 8 sensors. All outputs to Live Monitor are complete.
3. The Dash2 works perfectly with it's dedicated 4 sensors. And output to Live Monitor is complete. When I output arbitrary data from Live Monitor back to the Dash2 it reads and displays the data correctly.

However, once connected, the Dash2 will not display data originating from the DL1. I don’t know what else to check.

clarkspeed11

Re: Problem with serial data transfer to Dash2

Postby clarkspeed11 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:08 pm

Finally solved it. Some sort of problem with the Y serial cable adapter. It would send data to the PC running Live Monitor but the Dash2 just could not read through it. I swapped with a different Y cable and it worked perfectly. Dirty pins maybe? I don't know.

Return to “General support questions”