PLAP vs PLAP2

rodgling

PLAP vs PLAP2

Postby rodgling » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:05 pm

What's the difference between predictive lap 1 and predictive lap 2?

thanks

Support

Postby Support » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Please find below the information from a knowledge base pages

Predictive current lap time 1

This is an estimate of the final lap time, and is calculated using the actual times from the sectors that have already been completed and assuming that all the remaining sectors are completed in the same time that it took you during your best lap. This is updated as each sector is completed (as each sector marker is passed).

Predictive current lap time 2

This is an estimate of the final lap time, and is calculated using the actual times from the sectors that have already been completed and assuming that all the remaining sectors are completed in the best times achieved for each individual sector. This is updated as each sector is completed (as each sector marker is passed).

Kind Regards,

Technical Support

(SK)

rodgling

Postby rodgling » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm

OK, thanks. Is there a way to display a predictive laptime that updates continuously, not just at each sector marker?

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:33 pm

rodgling wrote:OK, thanks. Is there a way to display a predictive laptime that updates continuously, not just at each sector marker?

RT Tech Support beat me to the first one but to answer your above question there is no way that I know of ... but there are better ways to provide the sort of info you are looking for.

If you have a suitable dash (Dash4 Pro, Dash2 Pro) and data-logger (DL1 Club, or Pro, or Dash2 Pro) then you can display live timeslip which essentially shows you if you are up or down on your previous best lap on a continuous basis. This can be displayed as IN LAP or IN SECTOR (or both) plus you can use LEDs as a form of performance meter to give continuous, none line-of-sight feedback.

What RT equipment do you have?

Malcolm

rodgling

Postby rodgling » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:50 pm

I have a dash2pro - I've figured out how to use the shift lights for this purpose.

Presumably this would be the "Time Slip" variable to display it on screen? Can't see an "IN LAP" variable. (or is it "Best Lap Delta" that I need)?

I guess I could make a maths channel and add this variable to the "best lap time" variable to make a live predicted lap time?

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:02 pm

I've done a document on this that explains it full. If you can let me have your email address I'll sent it you, or drop me an email

Mine is :- maxx<at>driver-coaching.com

Malcolm

rodgling

Postby rodgling » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 pm

I've sent you an email - many thanks

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Just replied Dave.

Return to “General support questions”