How do I define a non-continuous lap?

Steve Wynveen

How do I define a non-continuous lap?

Postby Steve Wynveen » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:10 pm

In anticipation of the arrival of my DL1, I've been getting to know the v6 analysis software (6.1.38 and now 39), using data from a friendly autocross racer.

The problem I'm running into is how to get the time slip functionality to work. It seems that time slip won't calculate because I have not defined a lap marker (so that the theoretical best lap exists). However, because a usual autocross course has independent and remote start and finish lines, a single lap marker does not have physical meaning. Is there a way to define seperate start and finish lines, so that a lap can be defined?

It would seem this functionality would also be necessary for hill climb racers and rally racers. This is probably very easy, but I'm just missing how to do it.

Thanks,
Steve

Support

Postby Support » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:20 pm

Hi,

Sorry about the slow response on this... I missed your message, sorry!

The key thing when you don't have whole laps is that you **don't** define a lap marker (a red track marker) and instead you add a marker at the start called "start of run" and a marker at the end of the run called "end of run". You can then split the run into sectors etc and the time slip will be calculated correctly for you.

Thanks

Andy

Steve Wynveen

Postby Steve Wynveen » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:12 am

Thanks, that did the trick. I had already figured out that I didn't want to have a lap marker, but I didn't find anything in the documentation about the key words "start of lap" and "end of lap". That's what I was missing. It would be nice to add info on those key words to the docs for a future release.

Thanks,
Steve

Return to “General software support”