Analogue buttons as additional inputs

AdrianM

Analogue buttons as additional inputs

Postby AdrianM » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:22 pm

I have the upgrade for eight analogue inputs/four outputs and I'd like to use two of them as additional buttons for the dash. I've installed the firmware correctly as the other two are being used as outputs and work fine.

I've configured them in the control software (input 7 and 8 ) as inputs and they are showing in areas of the software as inputs so I'm pretty sure I've done that part correctly. For now I've just mapped them to Next and Previous screen so I can easily see if they're working.

I've used the same push to make momentary buttons that I've used for the main four dash buttons which work fine. One side of the additional button is connected to the analogue input (7 or 8 ) and the other side is connected to the 5v reference. Again that is what I think I should be doing from reading the Wiki.

However neither button is changing the screen or showing on live monitoring, When I check the voltage they seem to be working in reverse to what I would expect. They show 5v until I press the button at which point it drops to 0v.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for where I've gone wrong please?
Attachments
dash2.jpg
dash2.jpg (119.05 KiB) Viewed 8630 times

Support

Re: Analogue buttons as additional inputs

Postby Support » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:03 pm

Hello Adrian,

Do you have the "advanced options" licence on your DASH2 PRO? What is the serial number of your dash?

You can email me directly if you wish and I'll help you resolve.

lorne@race-technology.com

Return to “General software support”