Dash4pro stopwatch/timer function

Afewbeers

Dash4pro stopwatch/timer function

Postby Afewbeers » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:38 pm

I've tried to research how to do this but can't seem to figure it out

Our series requires a 2 minute pitstop which is timed between pit entry line and pit exit line. Historically I've used a cheap timer set at 2 minutes and press the button as I cross the pit entry line, it works fine but I'd quite like to be able to run this from a screen on the Dash4 if possible.

My plan had been to set up a screen for this and then activate the timer as I did before. Guidance and suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Tech Support (D)

Re: Dash4pro stopwatch/timer function

Postby Tech Support (D) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:01 am

You need to pair the DASH4PRO with one of our data loggers for timed equation functionality, do you have one (if yes, which model)?

Afewbeers

Postby Afewbeers » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:51 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you for your reply, I am using it with a DL1 Pro. I have set up the screens on the dash4 with time at the top left, but again would like that to ideally be time from data logging start, not just time from when the unit was switched on. I'm sure once I get used to the process of the equations I will start to work things out but need some assistance with the first ones, thanks for your help.

Tech Support (D)

Postby Tech Support (D) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:48 am

Thanks for the info, the data logger will need to be logging in order to record lap timing information. So you will still need a switch (latching switch) connected to the DL1 PRO in order for the units to identify when the pit lane has been entered & exited. Send a copy of your DL1 PRO & DASH4PRO unit configurations to daniel AT race - technology dot COM and I'll setup the units for the pit lane timer and provide wiring instructions.

Afewbeers

Postby Afewbeers » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:03 pm

Brilliant, that's great, I'll get on to that and send through. Thanks again.

Return to “General software support”