LAP file library now online

CharlesElliott

LAP file library now online

Postby CharlesElliott » Wed May 23, 2018 8:23 am

Hi all,

After spending quite a few years emailing .lap files to people, I've made my collection available online here.

If you have suggestions or contributions, please let me know and I will add them.

I hope it helps.

Charles

nuvolari67

Re: LAP file library now online

Postby nuvolari67 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanks Charles, this was a life saver today. :D

CharlesElliott

Postby CharlesElliott » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Glad it helped :-)

BobPeak

Postby BobPeak » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi Charles,

I see you have posted three LAP files for Oulton Park. I need one for this weekend for the Island circuit and am not sure if one of these would suit? Having not yet been round Oulton Park I have no data that I can load in to the Analysis software to then be able to load the LAP file to find out.

Many thanks,

Bob.

CharlesElliott

Postby CharlesElliott » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:05 pm

Hi Bob,

As long as the sectors cross the circuit it doesn't matter so much which one you use. I honestly can't remember, but as two are labelled 'International' I would start with the 'Oulton Park.lap'. Sorry my labelling wasn't better, I note that one is from 2010!

When I have (3S) or (4S) after the name, that represents the number of sectors. Generally in my later .lap files I've reduced the sectors. When using laps in live timing, I find fewer sectors better. For analysis, you can debate whether you wants lots of detail / variability or a higher level view.

Hope it helps.

Charles

Return to “General software support”