Reducing Sample From 1khz to 100hz

steven.moore

Reducing Sample From 1khz to 100hz

Postby steven.moore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 am

I have some data that has been logged at 1Khz by a colleague and I am trying to use excel to do some analysis. This means I am limited to 32,000 data points but currently have 180,000. I have been told that you can adjust the sample rate in the variable file. Is this before logging or can this be done in the analysis program with the data?

Does anyone know how to do this? It would be useful to have this on the knowledge database.

Thanks

Steve

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 am

If you already have the data logged and loaded in to Analysis you can change the output rate when exporting to a .csv file, it is in the knowledge base here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ortingData

Does that tell you what you need to know?

Martin

steven.moore

Postby steven.moore » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm looking for changing the sampling rate with in the analysis software because I have 3 intercative graphs that I copy and past data from. This makes it easier to select the points that I need because I can do it visually.

So there isn't a way of adjusting it in the Analysis software in order to view it in graphs etc? I would have to export it in a CSV file?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 am

simple question, the answer is more involved I'm afraid!

- the sample rate for all variables in the software can be set from 0.1Hz to 1kHz, but this option is only currently exposed if you are running with the latest 1Khz DL1 option, otherwise it is hidden

- even if you had this, when you cut and paste from graphs the data you cut and paste isn't directly related to the sample rate of the variable.

- you have no control in quick graphs, but you have some control over the quantity of data in the normal graph mode with the slider under data options

- for complete control and actually set a sample rate of data then it's best to use the .csv export tool

Kind regards, RT Support

Return to “General software support”