Import or Export AIM data

emersom

Import or Export AIM data

Postby emersom » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:32 am

Is it possible (easily) to import or export data to AIM systems? Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 am

It is possible to export the Race Technology data to a .csv file or Matlab. I'm not familiar enough with the AiM system to know whether it is then possible to import that data into their software.
It is not possible to import 3rd party data to the Race Technology Analysis software.

emersom

Postby emersom » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:00 pm

It would be great if RT software imported data from other systems. This can be one of the main reasons why teams and drivers stay loyal to other brands of logger, because they don't want to have to disregard years of data.

Any thoughts? Or have any boffins come up with a conversion program?

Cheers!

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 am

Hi,

We've had a number of requests for this - but it's not so simple.

The biggest problem is that:

1/ our software is much more powerful and "nicer" than other clubman systems
2/ We give it away for free on our web site

So you can deduce from the above that allowing people to download data from other systems into our software might not be the best commercial decision!

That said it would be nice for comparison purposes when you upgrade from another vensor to RT... so it's something we are thinking about.

Kind regards,

RT support

emersom

Postby emersom » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:38 pm

I honestly think you would entice lots of people into your systems if they could import all their old PI, Stack, Aim or whatever type of data. This is one of the biggest reasons people stick with other brands, the hassle of losing years of data and therefore work is too much!

Please let me know if anyone out there has a solution for looking at Aim data with Race Technology software!

emersom

Postby emersom » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:26 am

Support wrote:Hi,

We've had a number of requests for this - but it's not so simple.

The biggest problem is that:

1/ our software is much more powerful and "nicer" than other clubman systems
2/ We give it away for free on our web site

So you can deduce from the above that allowing people to download data from other systems into our software might not be the best commercial decision!

That said it would be nice for comparison purposes when you upgrade from another vensor to RT... so it's something we are thinking about.

Kind regards,

RT support

Any news on this?!

Halsbury Racing

Postby Halsbury Racing » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:04 pm

There is another way to compare data from two different loggers, and provides a way to analyse power, grip, aero and gear ratios:
Bosch LAPSIM. It is what I use.

As for protecting (the free) Analysis software from unauthorised use: Perhaps a Bureau Service could be provided by RT for conversion of legacy data in .csv format into the .run format? Web-based and automated for £25 per dataset?

Paul

emersom

Lapsim

Postby emersom » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks for the advice, that is wonderful.

I see that until 2009 Lapsim was completely free, but now only a demo version is free. Does anyone have a link to a download of the free older versions?

Cheers!

Halsbury Racing

Postby Halsbury Racing » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 am

Sorry, you're correct it is no longer free.

If you struggle to get sorted, mail me and I'll see what I can do.
paul
{underscore]
kitts
{at]
hotmail
[dot}
com

Return to “General software support”