Display no alternator output as an alarm on dash

AdrianM

Display no alternator output as an alarm on dash

Postby AdrianM » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:42 am

I would like to display an alarm on my Dash2 Pro if the alternator has no output.

I find the little red warning light doesn't grab your attention enough when on track and I'd like to avoid having to wire a bigger warning light in if I can avoid it but I can't see any variables that I can use that are relevant.

Also on the subject of variables how do I cut the standard list down? There are hundreds of variables I will never use and it's a pain trying to find the ones I want. I'm assuming it's done through the variable manager but I just can't figure out how.

Thanks.

Greg Amy

Re: Display no alternator output as an alarm on dash

Postby Greg Amy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:07 pm

I set an alarm based on voltage. Anything less than 12.5V with RPM >500 puts an alarm on my dash.
Greg Amy
FastTech Limited, http://www.fasttechlimited.com/
Data Acquisition, Driver Consultation

AdrianM

Re: Display no alternator output as an alarm on dash

Postby AdrianM » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:17 pm

I have one of those set already at the same level but the battery (it's a lithium one) maintained voltage around 13.5v when the alternator belt came off until I was back in the pits.

There's very little difference between the battery voltage and alternator output when it's fully charged so I wouldn't like to set the alarm to a closer voltage as it would give too many false positives.

Return to “General software support”