Dash2 Pro Oil Pressure Warning / battery voltage

Slimat

Dash2 Pro Oil Pressure Warning / battery voltage

Postby Slimat » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:30 am

Hi

I am using the Dash2 Pro and have the oil pressure sensor fitted. On the display it shows the pressure which seems right as it rises to about 2.9 bar when the engine is running. However I dont have a pressure warning light on the car so wanted to configure the warning to alert on low, and/or high, pressure.

As a test I configured the dash to show a warning if the oil pressure was below 1 bar - so I was expecting it to alert me when the ignition was on, but the engine stopped as the oil pressure would be 0 - this worked fine, however when I start the engine the display shows oil pressure over 2 bar but the warning lights are constantly flashing... which is obviously not right :(

The sensor is configured as Analogue Input 2 and is configured as;
Maximum rate of change = 0
Smoothing filter time (seconds) = 0
Calculus = Disabled
Input Equation = Fuel/Oil pressure sensor in Bar
Map Channel to = Oil Pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P)

In the Alarms section I enabled Alarm 3 and set the variable to "Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P)", set unit to "Bar", condition to less than "<" and value to "1".

I expected this to bring the warning LEDs on if the pressure was below 1 bar... but it stays on all the time - can anyone help with what I am doing wrong?

Also, I would really like to change this to psi rather than bar... in the Analogue input configuration the input equation is set to standard (Fuel/Oil pressure sensor in Bar) - can I just change this to Y=14.5037738*x, or do I need to change this somewhere else?

Also, is there a way to display the current battery voltage, as I have had an issue with the alternator overcharging (16v+) and would like to have an easy way of monitoring this for future problems?

Many thanks for any pointers.

Slimat

Re: Dash2 Pro Oil Pressure Warning / battery voltage

Postby Slimat » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:23 am

Something I have just noticed which may be relevant is this...

I have just added my new gearbox ratios in the gear indicator section to try and get the gear indicator working accurately and when I went to save the file to load into the dash I get a list of errors;

Configuration Warnings

Configuration 2
1. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

Configuration 3
2. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

Configuration 4
3. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

Configuration 5
4. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

Configuration 6
5. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

Configuration 7
6. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

Configuration 8
7. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

Configuration 9
8. Analogue input 2 is mapped for Oil pressure {pressure 2} [Bar] (OIL P) but is not being used/recorded

I have single driver mode selected and read that there are 9 configuration sets (driver 1/2/3 test/qualify/race) - I am not sure how to clear these errors as the configuration set menu is only available in multiple drivers mode? Thanks

Tech Support (D)

Postby Tech Support (D) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Hello,

Please send a copy of your DASH2 PRO configuration file to the following address, I will investigate the alarm issue, check on the oil pressure reading in PSI and setup battery voltage.

daniel AT race - technology DOT com

Slimat

Postby Slimat » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:23 am

Hi Daniel

Apologies for the late reply - I have emailed you... but sometimes my mails end up in the junk folder, so please check and make sure you have them.

Many thanks

Tony

Return to “General software support”