Hero 10 + Latest Firmware Rocks

Stan

Hero 10 + Latest Firmware Rocks

Postby Stan » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Hero10-GPS.jpg
Hero10-GPS.jpg (163.13 KiB) Viewed 16213 times
Track map to pick up coffee. Both Directions. Middle has a valley with trees, houses and terrain impeding horizon view. Might have dethroned the Hero 6 as data king cuz better pos. acc. and fewer dropouts. Top of windshield mount, exterior

Maybe those GoPro surfer dudes tweaked their GPS not to mention R-T's ongoing app improvements?

Stan

Re: Hero 10 + Latest Firmware Rocks

Postby Stan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:23 pm

Still early days for me with the new Hero 10. Anecdotally I notice this message RE not syncing acceleration and GPS etc does not occur so far if I power cycle the camera (fresh GPS lock).

If I do a few clips without doing so very often I get the message below. This may be coincidental but I do wonder if the power cycling helps. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
GPS Accel not match up.png
GPS Accel not match up.png (3.55 KiB) Viewed 16206 times

Stan

Postby Stan » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:02 pm

When the Hero 10 does give bad files, they turn out like this. The track maps are fine due to RT using the accelerometers to find truth along with the GPS. But the data itself shows way too long a duration and distance etc. Sample below with the cursor on the graph at the actual end of the video clip. I just scrolled on the graph until the car in the video reached its destination. But the graph and the marker on the track map show the error situation.

Can more RT magic help sort out the GoPro data, or is this a device situation only?

Thanks.
DataMismatch.png
DataMismatch.png (166.03 KiB) Viewed 16201 times

Stan

Postby Stan » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:33 pm

For when it's acting flakey, direct from GoPro: "Nothing is cached, all GPS and IMU data is stored as it arrives from their hardware components. The GPMF metadata for GPS has a GPSP (precision) and GSPF (2D or 3D fix) field, you can use those to validate the data. If you see a GPSP of 9999 and/or GSPF of 0, you can't reliably use the location, speed or time data."

HTH, I also contacted RT support and hope to hear back. GoPro Analysis is sortable since GoPro's phone app seems to get useable information from clips that R-T gives the above noted error message window reverting to huge files in Analysis and many CPU cycles or a crash.

Thoughts?

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:14 am

Dear Stan

Thank you for your feedback. There is a new GoPro build that is more robust to GoPro data foibles, uploaded last week.

If you still see issue still please email us directly (gopro@race-technology.com) so we can investigate whether more improvements are possible.

Kind regards and happy holidays from RT.

Stan

Postby Stan » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:53 am

Thanks for the assistance off-forum and Happy Holidays too. Would love to see it sorted soon!

Return to “GoPro standalone software”