Configuring the RT Live unit
If required, the RT Live unit can be configured over its serial port using the supplied configuration software.
For information about this software please refer to this section. Note that for many applications configuration is not required, the unit comes pre-configured with the following options:
- automatically start and stop logging when movement is detected
- 2 pulses per revolution to the RPM input
- analogue input 1 is set up to expect an optional RT water temperature sensor
- analogue input 2 is set up to expect an optional RT oil temperature sensor
- analogue input 3 is set up to expect an optional RT oil pressure sensor
- analogue input 4 is set up to expect an optional RT air temperature sensor
- analogue inputs 5, 6, 7, 8 are disabled
Forwarding serial data
RT Live has user configuration option to control forwarding incoming serial data back to same serial port. When this tick box checked, incoming serial data are forwarding back to same serial port.
Auto start modes
There are several auto start/stop methods in RT Live, which are configured using RT Live configuration software.
1. Manual loggin control
The user can start logging by pressing the “Start/Stop Logging” button if the unit is ready. When logging started, the logging LED will light up.
2. Logging start/stop based on automatic movement sensing
In this mode, start/stop is automatically controlled by movement of the vehicle. If the RT Live unit detects a movement, it starts logging automatically. If the RT Live unit does not detect a movement for last 4 minutes, it stops logging.
3.Triggered from Analog input 1
If the Analog port 1 voltage is greater than 3V, then logging starts. If the Analog port 1 voltage is less than 1V, then logging stops.
4. Always log when powered
In this mode, if external power available logging start and continue logging until external power not available. Logging stop when external power not available. This mode MUST NOT be used if the unit is wired the a perminantly live input as it will drain the vehicle battery!
- Only allow logging to start with GPS lock option
If this option selected, logging is only allowed when a good GPS lock available. This rule applied for all the logging methods.
Acceleration data generation
Longitudinal and Lateral acceleration data are generated by processing the GPS data. Inbuilt acceleration sensor data are only used to detect vehicle movement.
Firmware Updates (reflashing)
The RT Live unit updates itself periodically, by checking for the latest firmware on-line and installing it if needed. It is possible to update the unit's firmware manually from the configuration unit, by accessing the reflash option under the "file" menu, but this is only needed incase there is an issue.