Starting and stopping a data logging on a Data Logger from the DASH4PRO
When suitably connected and configured, the DASH4PRO can be used to start and stop data recording on an attached logger. To enable one of the buttons on your DASH4PRO display act as a start/stop logging switch follow the procedure described below: -
1. Set up one of the buttons on your DASH4PRO to the Start/stop logging function as described in the Editing button functions section.
2. Enter the DL1/DL2 configuration tool, and make sure that the "Decode serial data" option is ticked. The Data Logger must be configured with this option ticked. Without enabling the Decode Serial data option on the Data Logger the commands from the DASH4PRO will be ignored.
Note: from version 7 of the configuration tool, the Decode serial data option is ticked as a default. In earlier versions of the software, the option will be labelled "Enable GSM modem mode", and you will need to tick it yourself.
3. Insert a correctly formatted compact flash card (in FAT16 format) into the Data Logger.
4. Press the start/stop logging button on the DASH4PRO.
Whenever it is pressed, a command will be sent to the Data Logger to start or stop logging. If logging starts, the logging status pop-up window will appear and display the “Logging Started” message on screen.
5. If logging has started, you can stop data logging by pressing the start/stop logging button on the DASH4PRO.
When logging stops the logging status pop-up window will appear and display the “Logging Stopped” message on screen.